For Immediate Release
Contacts: Kristin Mostowski, Director of Public Relations | Community Hospice | Kristin.Mostowski@hospiceheart.org | 209.578.6301
Community Hospice Announces Resignation of President/CEO C. DeSha McLeod
Modesto, CA (September 29, 2021) – The Community Hospice, Inc. Board of Directors announced the resignation of Ms. C. DeSha McLeod as President/CEO effective Friday, September 24, 2021.
Ms. McLeod has made the difficult decision to pursue a new opportunity out of state which allows her to be closer to her family. She shared, “It has been an honor to serve as the leader of Community Hospice and its affiliates these past years. I am truly grateful for my time and the opportunity to work with the amazing staff, volunteers and Boards in service to our community. I am most proud of Community Hospice being awarded one of the Best Places to Work in the Central Valley for four consecutive years.”
She joined Community Hospice in 2013 and during her eight-year tenure Ms. McLeod guided her staff to successfully develop, expand and implement the following:
- Community Care Choices, a palliative care program focused on enhancing quality of life for individuals facing a serious illness.
- Expansion of specialized Pediatric Care Programs, offering hospice and palliative care services to children and families in our community.
- Camp Erin® of the Central Valley, a grief camp for children and teens ages 6-17 who have experienced the loss of someone close.
- Hope Counseling, therapeutic support for individuals with family, mental health and behavioral issues.
- Expansion of Retail Operations opening Hope Chest Thrift Store locations in Stockton and Turlock.
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software, communication platforms and other technologicalefficiencies.
“On behalf of the members of the Community Hospice Board, we share our gratitude for DeSha’s invaluable contribution and dedication to the mission of the organization,” said Mrs. Susan Donker, Community Hospice Board Chair. “We support her decision and wish her the very best in all of her future endeavors.”
Mr. John Renner, Director of Operations has been named Interim President/CEO effective immediately. Mr. Renner has been employed with Community Hospice for more than 18 years and serves as a member of the Senior Leadership team.
“The Board has complete confidence in John as the Interim President/CEO,” added Mrs. Donker. “Along with John’s dedication and years of service at Community Hospice he has proven sound judgement, outstanding performance and compassion for the mission.”
The Board has appointed a selection committee to spearhead the recruitment of a new President/CEO.
About Community Hospice
Community Hospice is the oldest and largest nonprofit hospice agency in the Central Valley. Serving the community since 1979, Community Hospice has cared for thousands of friends and neighbors, embracing individuals and families facing life-changing journeys, enhancing quality of life for all. Care extends to more than 2,000 patients each year in private homes, skilled nursing facilities, retirement communities and at the 16-bed inpatient Alexander Cohen Hospice House. Community Hospice also provides bereavement and grief support to anyone in the community. For more information, call 209.578.6300 or visit hospiceheart.org.