Standards of Excellence
The Standards of Excellence describe the desired behaviors we strive for in our organization.
- I will be flexible in adapting and responding to internal and external customer needs.
- I will maintain a positive, calm and professional attitude when interacting with others.
- I will treat each individual with courtesy, respect and sensitivity.
- I will refrain from participating in gossip as it could affect customer or employee relations and workplace morale.
- I will take pride in our organization.
- I will help to maintain the cleanliness of our work environment.
- I will adhere to our organizational dress codes.
- I will demonstrate unselfishness while working with others toward our common mission, vision, and values.
- I will treat each individual as a professional and recognize that we each have an area of expertise.
- I will be patient, tolerant and understanding when working with other staff or departments to ensure that our patients and families have a smooth transition through the care process.
- I will be an effective team member by being accountable for assigned duties, showing cooperation, being responsible, reliable and dependable.
- I will be proactive when planning in order to minimize last minute requests by considering the priorities of others in addition to my own.
KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCE
- I will maintain all required licenses and certifications to remain eligible and qualified to do my job.
- I will complete all mandatory classes and participate in staff meetings while making every effort to be on time.
- I will participate in professional growth opportunities to enhance my job performance.
- I will share my skills and professional knowledge with others to enhance the quality of services provided.
- I will follow instructions, perform varied tasks and maintain an appropriate work pace to meet my job expectations.
- I will adhere to all accreditation and regulatory standards and organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- I will listen courteously to internal and external customers without interruption. I will answer all questions directed to me or find someone who can assist. I will follow up when appropriate.
- I will show respect by introducing myself and offering assistance as needed.
- I will use “please” and “thank you” when interacting with others.
- I will communicate clearly with others in order to meet their needs, providing information in easily understood language or with the aid of available communication tools.
- I will give positive recognition in public. I will coach in private. I will not blame, show disrespect, or embarrass anyone in the presence of others.
- I will communicate confidential information by discussing it only with appropriate parties.
- Safety Always First. Every time!
- I will value my own safety and that of others.
- I will know how to properly operate applicable equipment and machinery. When in doubt, I will ask for assistance and not take unnecessary risks.
- I will report all accidents and injuries timely and complete the required paperwork.
- I will maintain a safe work environment and immediately report any potential safety hazards.
- I will prevent injuries from lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying by utilizing available equipment and proper body mechanics, getting help and assisting others who need help.
- I will maintain a safe work environment to prevent slips, trips and falls.
- I will adhere to all infection control policies and use personal protective equipment when needed.
- I will be prepared for emergencies by participating in emergency preparedness training.
- I will be responsible with the organizational resources with which I am entrusted.
- I will be mindful of how I use my time in service to this organization.
- I will hold myself and others accountable to act ethically and with integrity.