Community Hospice provides trained speakers on a number of clinical topics related to hospice, palliative care and end-of-life. In addition to our calendar of continuing education classes, our speakers are available to come to your office and train staff.
Inservice topics include:
- Referrals to Hospice Care – learn about the continuum of palliative and hospice care and appropriate referrals
- Pain Management – current information on pain management for hospice patients
- Pain Management in Long-Term Care – practical guidelines for nursing staff on recognizing and assessing pain in residents of long-term care facilities, including the cognitively impaired
- Spirituality and the Terminally-ill Patient and Family – the spiritual needs of the dying patient and their family
- Bereavement – providing support for individuals experiencing the grief process
- Death and Dying – the care needs of dying patients and their families.
- Hospice Care – the philosophy and goals of patient and family care in hospice
- Non-Cancer Diagnosis Referrals – appropriate referral of patients with non-cancer diagnoses
- Advance Healthcare Directives – learn about resources to provide to your patients regarding end-of-life decisions
Please provide the date and time of your event, and the topic that you are interested in learning about. We will provide your organization a trained speaker as well as informational materials for your audience. To request a speaker please complete the form below and we will contact you to confirm your speaker and event details.
For additional information or questions contact our Director of Public Relations at (209) 578-6301, or email email@example.com.